Our skilled staff and dynamic Speakers Bureau volunteers are specifically trained to represent Susan G. Komen at educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We get many requests for speakers. Unfortunately, we cannot fill all of these requests. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of volunteer availability for your event.
- Requests must be received at least eight (8) weeks prior to event date. (Requests for October should be submitted by July 15, as our calendar fills fast!)
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
Please note: until you submit the official request form and receive confirmation from our staff – your event will not be added to our volunteer opportunities calendar.
To request a member of our team or Speakers Bureau to speak at your upcoming event or presentation, please complete the Speakers Bureau request form.
For more information on Speakers please contact our office at 816-842-0410 or email@example.com.
Downloadable Educational Materials
Educational materials can be downloaded as free PDFs from our Komen Educational Materials page. The topics are categorized by the breast cancer continuum of care, as well as, by our Breast Self-Awareness Messages, specific populations, Facts for Life, and Questions to Ask Your Doctor.