Small Grant Applications ($5,000 & Under)
Susan G. Komen also offers small grants to nonprofit 501(c) 3 organizations. The purpose of the small grant program is to allow funding for short-term projects, travel, and miscellaneous items throughout the year that promotes the mission of Susan G. Komen and increases the capacity of effective breast health and breast cancer screening programs.
Small grant requests can also be submitted using the Grants E-Management System (GeMS) and are accepted throughout the year, provided funding is available. Applicants will receive a notification regarding the status of their application within 90 days of submission. Please allow for this time period when planning programs and travel. All Small Grants will follow the fiscal year grant cycle (April 1 through March 31) and must be completed by the end of each cycle regardless of when the Small Grant was approved within the fiscal year.
The Small Grants program is being revised and will be made available again in the Summer of 2019.
Applications are due no later than:
- August 15 | Reviewed in September each year.
- October 15 | Reviewed in November each year.
Eligibility requirements include but may not be limited to the following:
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 organization (non-profit organization, educational institution and/or government agency) and provide proof of non-profit status if it is not already on file with the Affiliate. Checks cannot be issued to individuals; they must be issued to the 501(c)3 organization.
- Applicant must be operating within the Susan G. Komen Kansas & Western Missouri Affiliate service area, and funded activities (except travel) must take place within the service area.
- Funding requests should not be for a project that would normally be eligible for funding through the yearly peer-reviewed Susan G. Komen Grant process (Program grants).
- Funded activities must be consistent with and specific to the Susan G. Komen mission.
- Grant applicants are restricted to a maximum combined award of $5,000 per fiscal year, per program for any type of Small Grant (Travel, Conference and/or Program Support Grant).
Small grants are NOT intended to support salary, services for an individual (e.g. mammography, ultrasound), or development of materials for breast health/cancer projects. These activities fall under the Susan G. Komen Community Grants Programs.
You may also start an application by visiting the GeMS Website and utilizing the guidebook for instructions.
For more information on the Small Grants program please contact our office at 816.842.0410 or email@example.com.