Worship in Pink
Worship in Pink is a FREE, effort between Susan G. Komen Kansas & Western Missouri and local places of worship to educate members of their respective congregations on breast health and breast cancer.
Komen Kansas & Western Missouri will provide congregations with everything needed to plan a Worship in Pink event including scripts and messaging, educational materials, ideas, and suggestions for implementation. Any religious organization is encouraged to participate in spreading the lifesaving message of early detection.
In 2018, nearly 1,700 Kansas Citians were reached through the Worship in Pink program!
Six simple steps for hosting a Worship in Pink Event:
- Send a representative to our next Educational Session or reach out to our office for more information.
- Planning your Event/Ideas for Implementation: Komen will provide a WIP Toolkit as a starting point for planning your Worship in Pink event! Click here for a digital version!
- Materials: Arrange with Komen KSWMO to pick up your FREE materials including a giveaway, educational messaging, and resources to assist those with obtaining breast cancer screenings.
- Talking Points & Bulletin Information: Use this toolkit to help you place messages in your bulletins or newsletters, place signage around your facility, and more. Talking points are also included to help leaders share messaging on breast health and why it is important to your congregation.
- Worship in Pink Pledge Card: Would you like to encourage your members to get their annual mammograms? Share what they learned? Get involved further with impacting the health of their community? Set up a Commitment Challenge by having your members complete a pledge card.
- Share your feedback: Follow up with a brief survey, send photos to our affiliate and let us know if we can make changes to improve the experience in future years.
Need more information?
For more information on the Worship in Pink program please contact Maddison Watkins | Community Outreach Director | 816.842.0410 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to get started? Complete our registration survey:
Already held your event? Complete our Worship in Pink Participation Survey: