Susan G. Komen Kansas + Western Missouri is launching three #MammoChallenge promotions through the month of October! The cost of a life-saving mammogram is $218, and we want to see which individuals and teams can fundraise the most during the following promotional periods (all times in CDT):
- Wednesday, October 14 at 2:30 p.m. through Sunday, October 18 at 11:59 p.m.
- Monday, October 19 at 12:00 a.m. through Sunday, October 25 at 11:59 p.m.
- Monday, October 26 at 12:00 a.m. through Saturday, October 31 at 11:59 p.m.
The individual who fundraises for the most mammograms during each promotional period (from the start date to end date), will receive $1,000 in gift cards to DICK’S Sporting Goods (20 $50 gift cards)! That means you have the chance to win up to $3,000 to spend at DICK’S Sporting Goods!
The team that fundraises for the most mammograms during a promotional period (from the start date to end date), will receive $1,500 in gift cards to DICK’S Sporting Goods (30 $50 gift cards). That means your team has the chance to win up to $4,500 to spend at DICK’S Sporting Goods!
- You must be registered for Susan G. Komen Kansas & Western Missouri’s virtual MORE THAN PINK Walk to participate in the promotion. To register for our event, click here!
- Donations must be allocated to your More Than Pink fundraiser to count for the challenge.
- Each DICK’S Sporting Goods gift card contains $50. You can only use one gift card/certificate per transaction.
- Gift cards will be given to the team captain, who can distribute cards appropriately. We recommend that you start initiating conversations with your team captain to see how the potential gift cards will be distributed among team members.
We can’t end breast cancer forever without first addressing health equity. Now is the time to raise essential funds so that ALL women in our region get the care they need.
Q: To participate in this promotion, do I need to register for the Komen KSWMO virtual MORE THAN PINK Walk?
A: Yes, make sure to register for our virtual More Than Pink Walk. Although we can’t meet in person this year for our walk, we encourage you to #WalkWhereYouAre NOW and raise critical funds for Komen KSWMO! Our More Than Pink Broadcast Celebration will be on Saturday, October 24, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. CDT! Watch it on our Facebook page or YouTube Channel.
Q: Can I win both the individual amount and the team amount in a given promotional period?
A: Yes, you (individually) and your team can win both in a given promotional period. In total, that would be $2,500 worth in gift cards during one promotional period. Team captains – if your team wins, you will be expected to contact your team members and coordinate gift card distribution.
Q: Can I win the gift card during more than one promotional period?
A: Yes, you can. We will award the gift cards to the “top individual” and “top team” during the specified promotional periods above, regardless of if they have won a previous promotion or not.
Q: Before the promotion started, I raised $1,000 for Komen KSWMO. Can that dollar amount be included for this promotion?
A: We thank you for already raising critical funds for our organization, however, we will only determine the “top individual” and “top team” within the given promotional periods (start date to end date). Make a pledge to yourself (and your team) – “I will raise enough money for ‘x’ mammograms during this time period for the 2020 MTPW.”
Q: When will the winners be notified?
A: The winners of the gift cards will be notified within five business days after the promotional period ends. Since our promotions end on Sundays, the winners will be notified by the 11:59 p.m. CDT on the following Friday.