Mobile Mammography Events
For more than two decades, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, P.A., and Susan G. Komen have partnered to help save lives and end breast cancer forever. Their relationship with the breast cancer community is nearly unmatched and has proven critical to the success of our affiliate over the years.
With the addition of the region’s only 3D Mobile Mammography Coach, DIC and Komen Kansas & Western Missouri are expanding their partnership through the provision of cutting-edge screening technology. The Mobile coach, DIC, and their staff continue to prove they are More Than Pink by bringing life-saving services directly to those who need them regardless of their ability to pay full market rates.*
The Mobile Mammography Coach has a full calendar each month. For more information please see Diagnostic Imaging Centers’ mobile mammography pages here. To schedule a private event mammogram event for your company or organization: Click Here!
Our next Mobile Mammography events can be found here on our program calendar!
Schedule your Mobile Mammography appointment today:
913.344.9989 (KS) | 816.444.9989 (MO)
Specific Information for Mobile Mammography outings:
- Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are encouraged.
- Susan G. Komen will cover mammograms for women who are uninsured or underinsured that meet a list of Susan G. Komen guidelines.
- Women 40 years and older do not need a doctor’s order for screening (non-symptomatic) mammograms.
- Women 35-39 years old may obtain a baseline screening mammogram. They should check with their insurance provider prior to the screening for plan eligibility and coverage.
- You will need your insurance card. A credit/debit card (no cash or checks) can be used for uninsured patients, or if you elect to pay the $55 fee for a 3D screening (if your insurance only covers 2D).
- Patients should not be pregnant or be breastfeeding.
- The Mobile Mammography coach is not ADA-accessible due to vehicle parameters.
- Make sure you know the name/contact information for your PCP or OB/GYN when you arrive for your screening appointment.
- On the day of your mammogram, please wear a two-piece outfit so you don’t have to fully disrobe and avoid lotions, deodorants, and powders above the waist.
*Funds to underwrite the costs of mammograms for those who are uninsured or underinsured are provided by a grant from the Health Care Foundation and/or Susan G. Komen. Specific eligibility is required to receive a free or reduced-cost screening.
For more information on the Mobile Mammography program please contact Maddison Watkins | Community Outreach Director | 816.842.0410 | firstname.lastname@example.org.